Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style1][caption2]

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Checking Work Tip


Have you ever had a moment when you asked yourself "Why didn't I think of that sooner?"  Well, that is exactly what happened to me a few weeks ago.

I love having my Kinders do a Write the Room activity almost every week during literacy centers.  It gets them up and moving around the room while still providing them practice with a needed skill. Some of skills that I have had my Kinders work on are letter identification, identifying beginning, medial, and final sounds, writing CVC/CVCe words, and syllables.

A few weeks ago, I had my students completing a syllable activity as their Write the Room activity.  Students went around to pictures, clapped out the syllables, and colored the matching number of pictures on their skills sheet.  Well, we did a similar activity the prior week, and I had to go around the room to find the answers.  This time I thought there must be a better way.  Of course there was!

My solution was to print off both pages onto one sheet.  I told you it was simple.  lol


Here are the steps that I used to put my two pages on one in case you have never done it.  Please note that my screenshot is using Adobe Acrobat Pro, but I checked on another computer that only had Adobe Reader and it worked exactly the same. 


1.  Pick the pages that you want printed.  {I chose just the two pages from my syllable activity, but you could chose the whole packet if you wanted.}
2.  Click on the "Multiple" button.
3.  Click on the "Pages per sheet:" drop down menu.  You can pick 2, 4, 6, 9, 16, or custom from the menu.  {I chose 2, because my activity was only two pages long.  I would have chosen a larger number if I had needed more pages.}
4.  Finally, you need to chose the orientation.  

Once I had gone through all of those steps, I printed it off and was able to check my Kinders' work with ease!  I hope this tip will help you in some way!

Thanks for stopping by!

QuickEdit
Amy
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Amy] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jqCbbbeQW6g/Xgz_AsQv8oI/AAAAAAAADKM/NEeARhV2sIkaPzV5Cc6u0sO3ouKsQquHgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/amy.jpg] [description=Hi! I am Amy, a primary teacher with over 20 years experience. I'm excited to share ideas, tips, and tricks to help make your teaching sweet!]

Follow @teachingissweet