Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Boxedwidth]

Display Grid Slider

No

Grid Slider Styles

[style1][caption2]

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

Powered by Blogger.

Election Day Activities



Long time, no blog.  I'm not quite sure where my time went, but I am back!  I am so excited to get back to my little blog!  Poor thing feels so neglected.

I plan on sharing some pictures of my classroom later this week, but I wanted to share what we did today in class.  Tomorrow, of course, is the election.  We have a Staff Development Day due to the schools being used as polling sites, so today we had a little election in our classroom.

The first thing that we did was read this great book.  I just love Duck and all the antics he gets into.


After the story, the students made their own Voter Registration Cards.  We discussed how adults have to register in order to vote.  The students did such a great job on their cards!  You can find them here.



Next, it was time to vote.  Students brought their Voter Registration cards over when I called their table to vote.  They then took a ballot to make their choice between Duck and Farmer Brown.  One student was so cute.  He couldn't decide who he wanted to vote for.  The pen went back and forth many times.  Loved it!  Each student received a "I voted today" sticker when they were done.  They were so proud to wear them!  The students waiting to be called to vote colored this Election Day picture.  


After our specials, we tallied our votes to see who won.  You can get my graph here {clipart by KPM Doodles}.  




Duck won!  It was close there for awhile, but Duck pulled out ahead.  I was so proud of my students.  This was the first time that they had made tally marks, and I think they did a great job!


The students were so excited as I pulled each ballot.  The ballots can be found here.  

My students and I had so much fun today learning about the voting process!  It was great finding so many resources at Teachers Pay Teachers so that I could mix and match and make it what I wanted!

I hope you have a great Election Day!


QuickEdit
Amy
0 Comments
Share :

No comments:

Post a Comment

[name=Amy] [img=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jqCbbbeQW6g/Xgz_AsQv8oI/AAAAAAAADKM/NEeARhV2sIkaPzV5Cc6u0sO3ouKsQquHgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/amy.jpg] [description=Hi! I am Amy, a primary teacher with over 20 years experience. I'm excited to share ideas, tips, and tricks to help make your teaching sweet!]

Follow @teachingissweet